The Adams County Veteran Service Office assists Adams County residents who served in the U.S. Armed Forces, widows of Veterans and Veteran dependents to obtain any and all Veterans Administration benefits for which they may be eligible. All services provided by the Adams County Veteran Service Office are free of charge.
Adams County Veteran Service Office provides assistance to Veterans and their dependents for claims including:
- Burial Benefits
- Compensation Claims Process
- Education Benefits
- Non-service Connected Pension
- Service-Connected Disability
- Survivor Benefits
- VA Health Care Enrollment
Please bring the following to all appointments:
- Discharge or separation papers (DD214 or equivalent)
- Medical evidence (doctor & hospital reports) from any non-VA facilities
If you have questions about what documents are needed, please feel free to contact our office at 720.523.2770.
Live in a county other than Adams?
- Veterans Advisory Commission
The Veterans Advisory Commission (VAC) gathers together veterans from within the county to help assess challenges they face, to open a dialogue, propose solutions or partnerships for veterans living in the county. The commission works cooperatively with other county boards, councils, and staff with regard to policies, programs, and concerns relating to veterans’ interests and facilitates new working relationships with other agencies serving veterans within Adams County. The group also acts as an advisory commission to the Board of County Commissioners about veteran issues within the county.
- Veterans Groups2022
- Veterans Advisory Commission (VAC) Events
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- Veterans Memorial Story Wall
- Veterans Memorial Sign Program