Adams County is reconstructing York Street, Welby Road and Devonshire Boulevard between 78th Avenue and 88th Avenue.
Project consists of:
- Roadway widening to four lanes with raised median, curbs, gutters, sidewalks, multi-path trail.
- Intersection improvements at York St. and 78th Avenue with implanting new traffic signal and adding turn lanes.
- Drainage system improvements including water quality features.
- Installing street lighting.
- Collaborating with North Washington Street Water and Sanitation District for upgrading and relocating their facilities with the project.
- Relocating irrigation ditch for roadway widening and multi-path trail.
- Creating and building open space with landscaping.
- Community and cultural engagement with placemaking signs.
Work Taking Place the Week of Feb. 18
- Relocate the agricultural canal from Coronado Pkwy to McElwain Blvd.
- Install box culvert York St and 78th.
- Install storm drain from Coronado Pkwy North to Welby Hill.
- Installation of dirt for widening
- Century Link infrastructure relocation
- Excel infrastructure relocation
- Comcast infrastructure relocate
- Bridge construction at Niver Creek
- Tear out the Lower Clear Creek Canal box culvert.
Additional Resident Impacts
- There are no additional resident impacts this week.
- York closed at 78th Ave. to the laundry mat—resident traffic only from Coronado Pkwy south.
- These closures will be in place 24/7 until further notice while crews install utilities under the roadway.
- York Street closed at Niver Creek; there will be a detour in place on Coronado Parkway.
- Closures will take place from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Flaggers will direct traffic.
- Variable message boards, construction signs, and devices will be in place to alert motorists to the temporary closure.
- Motorists can expect intermittent lane closures throughout the work zone throughout the project duration.
Completion Percentage: 65%
Completed Project Milestones
- Anticipated completion is early 2025
- Began bridge construction
- Completed paving the first portion of the project
- Completed Storm Sewer for Ponds
- Working on Box Culverts