Responsibilities & Service
The responsibilities of the Budget Department include:
- Administering sales tax
- Analyzing budget variances
- Collecting mill levies for all taxing districts in the county for certification
- Compiling information in preparation of the county's Capital Improvement Plan
- Conducting special analysis and studies as requested by the Board of County Commissioners
- Ensuring compliance with Colorado budget laws and revenue and spending limitations
- Forecasting revenues and expenditures
- Preparing the county's annual budget
- Providing clear and complete information to the public regarding each year's budget
- Providing financial information to the county manager, directors, elected officials and commissioners
COVID-19 Allocations and Expenses
Adams County received CARES Act funding to assist with COVID-19 response and recovery efforts. View how the county is using these funds.
Capital Improvement Program
The Capital Improvement Program is a fiscal planning tool that assists the County with the orderly and efficient physical development of a community. It is a five year plan that identifies needed capital projects, estimates all costs, lists the year when each project should begin, and determines the best method of finance. Click here to find out more about Adams County’s Capital Improvement Program.
Adams County is using OpenGov’s open data portal to share data on the county budget to further increase its effectiveness and accountability with the community and government officials. The portal is available at adamscountyco.opengov.com.