What Does Economic Development Do?
This division has the following areas of focus:
- Providing support and assistance for small business development in unincorporated Adams County
- Make sure you register your business with our Business Registration Program
- It's completely free, and ensures that you'll be the first know about new County programs, resources and updates
- Continuous improvement of the development review process
- Guidance and assistance within the review process for development projects
- The creation and implementation of neighborhood economic development strategies
- Download our Business Services flyer to learn how we support Adams County businesses
Economic Development Impact Report 2020-2022
The county also works with the Adams County Regional Economic Partnership, a public/private, nonprofit economic development organization that is working to write the next chapter in Adams County by amplifying its unique business story, championing area real estate developments, and focusing on new infrastructure
Other economic development partners include the Regional Advancement Partnership, the North Metro Small Business Development Center, the Eastern Colorado Small Business Development Center, Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation, and the various municipal economic development organizations and chambers of commerce within the county.
About Adams County, Colorado
Adams County is a growing county in the Denver metro region, with an abundance of land development opportunities that are unparalleled within the region. The county is ideally located at the crossroads of the metro region’s transportation network, which provides businesses and residents convenient access to I-25, I-70, I-270, and I-76. Adams County also completely surrounds Denver International Airport (DEN), connecting it to the global transportation network of the world's third busiest airport. Adams County also features Class I and Class III rail lines, providing freight rail service to and from national destinations. Regional Transportation District (RTD) provides commuter rail service throughout the western portion of the county.
Adams County has a current population of approximately 537,274 residents. The county’s population is projected to double between 2010 and 2040. In order to support and encourage economic growth throughout the county, Adams County considers economic development a strategic priority. Learn more by viewing the Adams County Overview, below.
Adams County Overview - Summer 2023
For questions and information about Economic Development in Adams County, please contact:
Economic Development Manager
Business Development Officer
Business and Economic Development Specialist
For general inquiries, please email [email protected].