Adams County plans to improve the Goat Hill neighborhood, generally located east of Federal Boulevard (State Highway 287), north of 64th Avenue and south of the RTD B Line along Little Dry Creek (see project map below). Specific areas for improvement include 67th Place, Decatur Street, 66th Place, 65th Place, Clay Street, and 65th Avenue.
The main objectives of the project are to improve neighborhood roadway safety and mobility, including the condition of the overall roadway network and pedestrian access, and to upgrade the stormwater drainage system facilities within the project limits.
Improvements to these roadway sections may include, but are not limited to:
- Pavement resurfacing and/or replacement
- Curb & gutter
- Curb ramps (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act)
- Storm drainage and water quality improvements
- Possible upgrade and/or relocation of existing utilities (to be completed by others)
July 2022 to June 2024 - Design Phase
All dates below are estimated and are subject to change.
- Conceptual Design Alternatives – 4th Quarter 2022
- 30% Design Completion –1st Quarter 2023
- 60% Design Completion – 4th Quarter 2023
- 100% Design Completion– 2nd Quarter 2024
- ROW Acquisition Process Completion – 3rd Quarter 2023 to 3rd Quarter 2024
- Anticipated Bidding - 1st Quarter 2025
The below timeframes are estimated and are subject to change.
Public Meeting #1 - Thursday, Nov. 10, 5:30-7 p.m.
Josephine Hodgkins Leadership Academy (Gymnasium/Cafeteria)
3475 W. 67th Avenue, Denver
View the meeting on YouTube.
Public Meeting #2 – Thursday, Feb. 23, 2023, 5:30-7 p.m.
Adams County Fire House 12 Community Room
3365 W. 65th Avenue, Denver, CO 80221
View and comment on the concept alternatives for this project.
For project specific information or to share questions or concerns, please contact:
Erica Olsen, PE, Associate | Civil Practice Center Leader
Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc.
Adams County Public Works:
Crystal Carlow, P.E., Project Manager
Public Works: 720.523.6875 or Email
*If you are interested in receiving periodic email updates about the Goat Hill East design project, please contact Liz Palmquist, Project Outreach Liaison, at [email protected] or 720.280.3342.