As a courtesy to our residents, all Colorado counties send out renewal notices for currently registered vehicles. Plates may be renewed online, by mail (send to Adams County Motor Vehicle, PO Box 5011, Brighton, CO 80601), over the phone at 720.523.6010, or in person.
Residents are encouraged to save a trip and complete their transactions online at myDMV.colorado.gov.
Visit the State of Colorado website to renew online.
To Renew By Mail
- Verify the information on the renewal notice.
- If you've moved out of Adams County, contact your new county of residence.
- If you've moved to Adams County from another Colorado county your fees may differ; please contact our office at 720.523.6010 for the correct fees. Please be prepared to provide your license plate number, vehicle information and new Adams County address.
- If a new emission test is required, include the proof of emission.
- Include proof of insurance.
- Make check payable to Adams County Clerk. Make sure the check is signed.
- Mail to:
Adams County Motor Vehicle
P.O. Box 5011
Brighton, CO 80601-8215
Note: Please allow 14 days processing time. If received after the one month grace period, the fees will differ and the renewal will be returned to you.
To Renew In Person
Bring your renewal notice or vehicle registration, new emission test (if required), and proof of insurance to one of our motor vehicle offices. Check wait times before your visit by scrolling to the bottom of the adcogov.org/motor-vehicle page. We accept cash, credit cards, or check made payable to Adams County Clerk.