Free Food and Resource Drive-Thru Events
Adams County Outreach is partnering with local organizations for free drive-thru food and resource events in Bennett and Thornton. These events will provide power sacks with shelf-stable food, hygiene bags, and resource folders. See below for upcoming dates and locations.
Bennett Recreation Center, 455 S. First St. (In partnership with Joyful Journeys, Teens Living Clean (TLC), and the Bennett Recreation Center)
- Monday, June 28, 5-7:30 p.m.
- Monday, July 26, 5-7:30 p.m.
- Monday, August 23, 5-7:30 p.m.
- Monday, September 27, 5-7:30 p.m.
Anythink Bennett, 495 7th St.
- Friday, June 11, 8-9:30 a.m.
- Friday, July 9, 8-9:30 a.m.
- Friday, August 13, 8-9:30 a.m.
- Friday, September 10, 8-9:30 a.m.
Anythink Wright Farms, 5877 E. 120th Ave., Thornton
- Friday, June 25, 8-9:30 a.m.
- Friday, July 23, 8-9:30 a.m.
There will also be a Pet Vaccination and Microchip Clinic available.
- Friday, August 27, 8-9:30 a.m.
- Friday, September 24, 8-9:30 a.m.
Healthy Farmers Markets
Adams County, Anythink Libraries, the American Heart Association, the City of Thornton, LuLu’s Farm, and Tri-County Health Department (TCHD) are partnering to provide residents with weekly healthy farmers markets. The farmers markets will be held 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at Anythink Huron Street Library, 9417 Huron St., Thornton, now through Tuesday, Sept. 28, and 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Thursdays at Anythink Wright Farms, 5877 E. 120th Ave., Thornton, now through Thursday, Sept. 30. Learn more here.