Adams County is requesting public input on a draft of the Comprehensive Plan; Transportation Master Plan; and Parks, Open Space, and Trails Plan at a series of public open houses and virtual meetings in May. These plans, collectively known as Advancing Adams, will guide Adams County toward its vision of becoming the most innovative and inclusive county in America for all families and businesses for the next 10-20 years and beyond.
“Advancing Adams will be the blueprint for responsible county development for the next couple decades, so this really is a unique opportunity for members of the community to provide their input into that process,” said Interim County Manager Alisha Reis. “For our efforts to be successful, we need to hear from all voices in our community to ensure we move forward with a comprehensive and equitable plan that benefits all county residents and businesses.”
A variety of opportunities to get involved in this process are available, including:
- Tuesday, May 10, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Adams County Government Center, Platte River B & C Conference Rooms, 4430 S. Adams County Pkwy., Brighton
- Wednesday, May 11, 5-7 p.m., Anythink Library Perl Mack, 7611 Hilltop Cir., Denver
- Tuesday, May 17, 5-7 p.m., American Legion Hall, 46423 Westview Ave., Strasburg
Spanish interpretation and light refreshments will be provided at each open house.
- The Draft Future Land Use Map is available for viewing and public comment through the end of May.
- The county is planning a virtual public meeting at a date to be determined, which will be announced at advancingadams.org. The meeting will be recorded and posted to our website for viewing on demand.
- Sign up for the Advancing Adams newsletter to receive updates on events, documents, and public hearings.
- Send an email to the Advancing Adams team with your comments or questions.
- Visit advancingadams.org for more information on the planning process and to stay up to date on how to get involved.