Launching Advancing Adams Phase 2: Planning for a Shared Future
After a successful first phase featuring analysis of existing conditions, listening to the community, and establishing goals for the future, Adams County is launching Phase 2 of engagement for the Advancing Adams planning process. This planning process, which kicked off in August 2020 and concludes in Spring 2022, will result in a trio of long-range master planning documents – a Comprehensive Plan, a Transportation & Mobility Master Plan (TMP), and a Parks, Open Space & Trails Plan (POST). Reports on existing conditions and opportunities for each of these plans are linked on the Advancing Adams website.
These three plans will guide Adams County toward the vision of becoming the most innovative and inclusive county in America for all families and businesses for the next 20 years and beyond. To do this successfully, the county wants to hear from our diverse residents and workforce. As public health considerations allow, we will meet community members in person throughout Phase 2, in addition to our ongoing virtual engagement activities. The community can meet with county staff at outdoor public events and at a community workshop later in the process and can also contribute their thoughts and priorities via online surveys and other virtual engagement activities.
Phase 2 public engagement activities include:
- Focus Groups with Stakeholders: These focused virtual meetings with technical stakeholders who have specific knowledge about topics relevant to the individual plans will happen throughout the summer.
- Public Workshops: Dates for public workshops in the fall will be shared in upcoming communications and on the project website. Workshops will give community members the opportunity to review plan ideas and recommendations and provide feedback to refine the plan.
- Pop-Up Events: Throughout the summer, Adams County staff will set up Advancing Adams pop-up stations at major community events, including Stars & Stripes on July 3 and at the Adams County Fair Aug. 4-8. These pop-up stations will involve opportunities to engage with material from the master planning effort, participate in activities to support the planning work, contribute ideas for the future of the county, and engage directly with county staff. Please note these events are contingent upon public health guidance and state mandates for public events.
- Online Surveys: Throughout Phase 2 of the Advancing Adams planning effort, the county will offer online surveys for public participation. These surveys will include a presentation of the plan content and opportunities for the public to weigh in on the project’s direction.
- Bilingual Communicators: Throughout Phase 2, bilingual members of the planning team will set up Advancing Adams engagement stations in prime locations throughout the community and will encourage community members to participate in web-based surveys and recorded presentations in Spanish.
- Email Updates: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or suggestions or sign up for our email newsletter to keep informed of all new developments from Advancing Adams.
Through these opportunities for involvement, we hope to hear your ideas, concerns, and hopes for the future. Visit advancingadams.org for more information on the planning process and to stay updated on its progress.